Apply to DEP!
The Digital Entrepreneurship Program (DEP) is an 8-week online learning program that focuses on building a robust fundamental understanding of business & entrepreneurship.
DEP is an interactive and accessible online learning that connects you with people and ables you to broaden your network and opportunities as an entrepreneur in the early stage. DEP is currently home to 48 nationalities and allows you to connect with more than 500 other community members that might help your entrepreneurial journey.
The next learning period for the Class of Spring 2024 is February 2024 – April 2024. Are you interested in learning how to turn your idea into a business?
Format of the Program
DEP offers a comprehensive online learning experience that combines self-paced video modules with engaging weekly workshops featuring expert speakers and alumni. This unique blend of learning methods allows newcomers to progress at their own pace while also benefiting from interactive sessions.
Get ready for an engaging eight-weeks program designed for newcomers, packed with 10+ modules filled with over 50 videos, assignments, and quizzes. From learning the basics of lean startup to creating a lean canvas, and understanding finance and marketing, this program covers it all. And that’s not all – you’ll also learn the art of pitching your business idea.
Join us on this exciting learning journey as we equip you with the knowledge and skills to turn your ideas into solid business concept on paper!
- Clear Business Idea: Develop a solid and well-defined business idea, refining it through the program to ensure clarity and feasibility.
- Your Business Lean Canvas: Create a comprehensive business canvas that outlines key elements such as customer segments, value proposition, channels, and revenue streams, providing a blueprint for your business.
- Market and Customer Understanding: Gain valuable insights into your target market and customer preferences, allowing you to tailor your product or service to meet their needs effectively.
- Confidence to Take the Next Step: Build the confidence and knowledge necessary to take your business idea to the next level, equipped with the essential skills and understanding to navigate the entrepreneurial journey.
- New Network: Expand your network by connecting with fellow participants and engaging with Forward’s vibrant community, fostering valuable relationships and potential collaborations.
- Opportunity for Forward Incubator: For eligible participants, the opportunity to continue your entrepreneurial journey by joining the Forward Incubator, an immersive program providing further support and resources.
- Certificate of Completion: Receive a certificate of completion, recognizing your successful completion of the program and the acquisition of vital business knowledge and skills.
Upon successfully completing the course, you will be awarded a certification of completion. This certification will include a unique credential number that validates your acquisition of essential knowledge in entrepreneurship or business. It serves as tangible proof of the skills you have learned, enabling you to showcase your knowledge in the field.
Questions you may have
Q: What are the requirements to be get accepted to the program?
A: There are no specific criteria in terms of business skills or knowledge. The Digital Entrepreneurship Program (DEP) is an excellent opportunity for everyone to learn about entrepreneurship and business. However, since Forward·Inc is an NGO focusing on helping newcomers, Forward·Inc does have priority in terms of participants’ backgrounds.
Here are 3 questions you can ask yourself and do a self-assessment:
- Are you originally from a non-OECD country (except Turkey and Columbia)? Please check this website for more info about OECD and see if your origin country is non-OECD.
- Are you experiencing forcibly displaced (outside your country of origin or within your country)?
- Is your country of origin mentioned in our white list? (see the white list in Appendix A)
Q: Do participants owe upfront monetary payments to complete Forwar·Inc Programs?
A: No, the DEP program is free of charge if you are accepted. For the more advanced programs, there is a contract for you to sign with Forward·Inc. However, this also doesn’t require any upfront monetary payments.
Q: Can two people share the same project?
A: Yes, absolutely. However, you need to apply individually since DEP is an individual learning program.
If you have more questions, please check this FAQ information.
“In DEP I learned how to transform my idea into a useful product/service that can be helpful for people worldwide. Thank you, DEP. I wish I had joined DEP 10 years ago!” – Samer Alkarkoukly, alumni winter 2023, a newcomer from Syria in Germany.
“Participating in the DEP program was an eye-opening experience for me. Although I come from a business studies background, I enjoyed the program entirely. The interactivity, expert speakers, weekly virtual meeting, and superior support of the team of Forward.Inc gave me a strong intention and the challenge to go through. The DEP program helped organize my ideas and got me on the right track to achieving my entrepreneurial dream.” – Ahmed Almalmi, alumni fall 2022, a newcomer from Yemen in The Netherlands.